Tuesday 10 May 2011

ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner -V- MAC Fluidline

Hello my lovelies,

I know I am still a bit MIA I have a feeling it could be like this for a few months but please stick with me I am still aiming for about 3/4 weekly posts and will try to get back to 6/7 as soon as I can. Things are just a bit mental at the minute, kind of an emotional roller coaster.

Anyway today I have spent doing a little experiment (I do love my little experiments) to see which is better MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner or ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner. During my ELF review week I did mention I fancied doing this but as I didn't have the ELF version in black I placed an order for it when then next free shipping code popped up. So I got the ELF one yesterday and set about my experiment this morning.







I am sorry I did not have any opportunities to take pictures of my eyes as proof with work and then a very busy evening.


So this morning in put MAC on my left eye and ELF on my right eye. I used both on my waterline and on my lid. I used my MAC 266 angle eyeliner brush to apply to both eyes. Regards application I found that the MAC liner tends to give a thicker line even though I used the same brush. To get a similar effect using the ELF liner I had to draw two lines to match the thickness.


ELF on the left (have drawn two lines to match the thickness of the MAC)

The way I look at this is for a night out I like really dark eyes so the MAC one would probably be my choice for that but on a daily basis I do like my liner to be a touch more subtle (although I still like a dark eye) so I would probably go for the ELF one as you can then build it up.

Application to the waterline was also very easy both applied very similarly and neither rubbed off or ran.

So I pottered about my morning at work popping to the ladies every couple of hours to have a look. By lunch time both had virtually disappeared from my waterline which I don't really mind as I am quite used to that already having used the MAC version for a few years. On the lid both held strong despite my baaaad eye rubbing habit. (when I get stressed I rub my eyes - and I am quite stressed :) )

So in all I am really really impressed with the ELF version. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for pure loyalty to my fluidline for years of good service I may not re-purchase it because the ELF version is a fraction of the price at €4.00 and is pretty much every bit as good. I think I will be using the ELF for work wear and keep my MAC version for weekends etc. I will however re-purchase both :)

So there you go ladies, if you have used either and would like to share your experience please don't hesitate to leave a comment.

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment