Sunday 15 May 2011

Konad Nail Stamping

 Hi Ladies,

Before I want to start just a heads up that there is a wide mix of photographs throughout this post as many were taken at different times so sorry if that irritates you :)

So a few weeks ago I saw on Pigsback.com that they had a 50% off coupon for a starter Konad Nail Printing set. No I had been after these for a while and had a go at the cheapo ones off eBay but they were crap so had thought I might get some for my birthday so when I saw this offer I couldn't refuse. The original price of the set was €26.00 and I got it for €13.00 including postage. The site that Pigsback used was www.konad.ie

So here is what was in the set. To be fair I couldn't take a pic of the box because it was battered to bits but all of the contents were perfect.

So you get 1 x stamping plate with 7 designs, the rubber printing stamp and the scraper. You also get a regular size bottle of special Konad top coat and a small bottle of special white Konad polish and special pearl black Konad polish.






If you are unfamiliar with the way Konad stamping works this might give you an idea. Firstly you paint your nails with any regular polish you choose. Then decide on what colour you want the design and then paint a layer of this colour over the design on the plate. I chose the black to demonstrate this.


Then using the scraper you remove any excess polish and only leave enough to fill the design engraving.


Now you take the rubber stamp and roll it over the design. The stamp will pick up the design onto the rubber ready to apply to your nail.


You then decide whereabouts on your nail you want the design and apply it by rolling the stamp over that section of your nail.

Here are a few designs I have tried....






I have to say it is very very easy to use and you get such a lovely result. The only downside is it will take a lot of practice to get placement etc correct to do a perfect replica on each nail. Right now each nail is a little bit different on me that is why you kind of only see me showing one nail.

The other thing is when I used white over the pink the white went a lighter shade of pink and also even the special top coat kind of makes the design smudge so I won't be using top coat any more.

I do still love this as a quick easy way to do nail art. I have just ordered the plate with leopard and zebra print and have the cow print on my wishlist. If you are into nail art I say give it a go. I know it can be quite expensive but once you have the stamper and scraper you will have them for life and then you can just buy the plates. I am gonna have a whirl at doing it with regular polish too as the special stuff is very limited and quite expensive so I will let you know how I get on with that.

Anyway - thanks for reading lovelies, have a great rest of your weekend

XX

2 comments:

  1. Confessionsofamakeupaholic16 May 2011 at 22:27

     That set was very good value! I love the black nails with the white flowers - very pretty! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charli_dot_dot_dot16 May 2011 at 23:11

     I want want want (need) haha

    ReplyDelete