Tuesday 26 April 2011

ELF All Over Colour Stick

Hey Honeys,

Hope you had a lovely Bank Holiday Monday yesterday - back to the grind stone today eh.

So sticking with my week dedicated to ELF cosmetics I am doing this little review on the All Over Colour stick. I have 2 of these little beauties and to be honest I don't have either that long.



I bought my first one, Pink Lemonade, in my second last ELF order which was back at the end of March but have used it every day since. The most recent one I got, Spotlight, I got in my most recent order in mid April.



Pink Lemonade (A bit grubby from use) & Spotlight

What ELF Say:

3 in 1 color for your eyes, lips, and or face! Get the color that illuminates for a healthy glow, and instantly soothes and conditions the skin for fresh and natural color all day long.

What I Say:

Now to be honest when I got the first one I wasn't too sure what I was gonna do with it. I had heard good reviews about these but really wasn't sure. So the morning after I got it I just bit the bullet and popped some on my cheek and cheekbone and blended it all in. I was so surprised by how well it blended in and the colour and effect it left on my face. I honestly looked like I was a teeny bit flushed which is exactly the look I aim for when applying a blusher. I have never used a cream type blusher before so this was a whole new experience for me and I was a teeny bit nervous but I loved how this looked it was so natural looking. Wearing it alone as a blusher it lasted pretty much the whole day but to be honest on the drive home it definitely was not as noticeable as it had been on the drive to work.

The next day I decided to try a bit of powder blusher over it and kind of use it as a base and this helped the staying power a bit more. It also made the powder blush stand out a bit more than if I had just used powder on it's own. I blended mine in a bit more than normal but if you like your blush to really pop then this is a good idea as a base.

When I got spotlight I used it just above my cheekbones as a highlight and it looks so pretty it is the perfect natural looking highlight. For additional staying power I have also used it with ELF Healthy Glow Bronzer in Luminance.


Pink Lemonade & Spotlight

To be honest I have never used these for anything other than my cheeks but I am sure they would make brilliant lippies if I was in a pinch.

These little beauties cost £1.50/€1.70 each and the quantity you get is 4g which is a bargain.

So my overall view on these is similar to yesterday 4/5. I love these, the shades a brill, the pay off is brill the only thing I didn't really like is that again the picture on the website is quite misleading as the stick looks massive and then when you get it it's so weeny. I love it and it is super cute but the picture is misleading.

Tomorrow I will be reviewing the Cream Eyeliners so pop over if you fancy fining out about these.

No comments:

Post a Comment