Monday 25 April 2011

A week dedicated to ELF

Hey all my lovelies I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. I am lucky enough to be off for the entire week wohoooooo.

So I decided last week that this week Mon-Fri I will be dedicating to ELF as I am slowly falling head over heels in love with this brand. Every time I use a new products I nearly instantly fall in love and it makes it's way into my daily routine. I have noticed though that there are still a few bloggers and a whole heap of my friends that have not tried this amazing brand yet so I decided to do this little dedication.

I would just like to add here that ELF do not know that I am doing this and I have no affiliation with ELF. I have purchased all of these products myself and have used them all - You can see the usage.

So as I am on my quest to love lipsticks today I thought I would review my regular line lippies. I have 3 of the 6 shades available in this line of lipsticks, Fantasy, Seductive and Classy (In the order I purchased them)



These lipsticks are priced at an extremely reasonable £1.50/€1.70 and the quantity you get is 3.5g (that is 0.5g more than with a MAC lippie :-0 ) So when you take that into account these are such good value for money.



Left: Fantasy. Middle: Classy. Right: Seductive

What ELF Say:

Indulge your lips with long lasting color and shine. The moisture rich formula hydrates, conditions and softens on contact for silky smooth lips.
Directions
Apply to lips and blend in color for total lip saturation. Re-apply as often as desired.

Instantly beautiful, healthy-looking lips designed, formulated and tested by our professional team of makeup artists.

What I Say:

Now if you read my blog regularly you will know that I am not a massive lipstick lover and I don't claim to have the best knowledge of different brands etc but here is my humble opinion, I love these lipsticks. I have never been a big fan of lipsticks because most of the ones I have tried have always turned out quite sheer (probably cos I would tend to go for cheaper brands as I knew I would never end up wearing them). These lipsticks have such good colour pay off. They don't make you lips look dry like some lipsticks I have tried. They go on so easily and have a creamy feel to them. I can get to about lunch time before I feel the need to re-apply and that is simply because I have eaten and some of it has come off that way.

The packaging is not too shabby either. The silver coloured tube has a slim clear band around the middle which lets you see which shade is in it and the whole lipstick goes back into the tube for you to put the lid back on. I am clumsy and this is a necessity for me has I have been known to jam the lid into the actual lipstick if it isn't in the whole way :)

Of the colours I have my favourite so far is Classy as it is a real day to day colour the payoff is wonderful but it is a toned down colour so I like it for during the day. Fantasy is another nice daytime colour although when I got it I was a bit disappointed about how brown it looked I thought it would have been a more nude lighter colour but I really like it for a daytime lip now. The last colour was seductive which is more of an evening colour although I have worn it during the day also its a much richer almost red pink but also gives my lips a healthy colour.



Left: Fantasy. Middle: Classy. Right: Seductive

So all in all I would give these lippies about a 4/5 and they only lose a mark as you cannot be too sure of what you are getting by choosing from the swatches on the site. I would recommend googling them to see more realistic swatches. Upon saying that though I have just added the other 3 shades to my wishlist :)

Stay tuned for tomorrows review on All Over Colour Sticks

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment