Tuesday 8 March 2011

ELF Face Products

Hey Lovelies,

As promised my ELF Face Products review. These are all the products I bought from ELF for use on your face. I am going to review them in the order I put them on :-)

PS. I am sooo sorry about the crappy pictures. I am trying to organise a better place to take them. It’s an old house and the lighting is poop.

Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer @ €6.80

What ELF Says: Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines to result in a natural and youthful looking radiance. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a lasting finish.

What I Say: Up to yesterday I would have ravvvvved about this but I ran out yesterday and I really don’t think it lasted very long. I haven’t got it all that long and yes I do wear it everyday but I think by the time I buy enough bottles of this to last me as long as my Smashbox I probably would be able to afford another Smashbox.. if that makes sense :) It’s nice stuff don’t get me wrong. Its a bit more oily feeling than Smashbox but still gives a nice finish but I won’t be re-purchasing… Sorry ELF :(

I don’t have an ELF foundation or tinted moisturiser so on to the concealer.


Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter @ €4.00

What ELF Says: Correct under eye problematic areas such as dark circles and bags easily and effectively! Contains vitamins A & E, chamomile, caffeine and green tea to moisturize, soothe, and tighten the skin around the delicate eye area. Blends in easily and evenly to provide a smooth and natural finish.

What I Say:When I got this I was like ummmmmm what exactly do you do with it. My lack of understanding put me off and it landed in my drawer unused. So a day or two later curiosity got the better of me so I YouTubed it and found and ELF vid showing how to use it duh. I had figured the concealer bit was for your dark circles but wasn’t sure what to do with the white bit. the way I use it is Foundation, dab Concealer under the eye and blend in with fingers, dab Highlighter on the very top of  my cheek bones up towards the hair line and blend in with fingers. It leaves a nice base for your powder highlighter. The concealer is bloody brilliant. Where my MAC one can disappear a bit this one doesn’t seem to.. it just stays put and it is a really nice finish.



Studio Complexion Perfection Powder @ €4.00

What ELF Says: Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out the skin tone and absorbs excess oil. The sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin.

What I Say: I have found a Holy Grail product with this bad boy. Seriously.. I cannot live without this. Look at the picture yup that is the pan you see in the middle. I have fairly freckly skin and this evens it out as good as any setting powder I have ever had. Dabbed under the eye to set your concealer and hey presto no bags. It is a must have Ladies…



Studio Golden Bronzer @ €4.00

What ELF Says:Create a healthy looking glow all year round! The sheer soft powders provide the perfect hue of color. Blend all 4 colors together to achieve a blend of perfection or choose your favorite color or colors to mix, match and blend. Golden Bronzer- An illuminating shimmer that is subtle and radiant. Ideal for summer or year-round.

What I Say:I was a bit doubful when I got this. I had heard all the raving reviews about it and just thought ehhh it can’t be that amazing but you guessed it.. Yup… another hit by ELF. This gives the most gorgeous dewy glow to my skin. I love it. It is shimmery but by no means glittery. Its gonna be fab for summer and I am actually wearing it already cos it’s pretty.


Studio Cool Bronzer @ €4.00

What ELF Says:Create a healthy looking glow all year round! The sheer soft powders provide the perfect hue of color. Blend all 4 colors together to achieve a blend of perfection or choose your favorite color or colors to mix, match and blend. Cool Bronzer- The ideal selection of matte colors to achieve a natural looking tan. Ideal for winter or year-round.

What I Say:This was a woopsie on my half. I thought that the Cool Bronzer would look good on cool skin. It has a lovely finish, unlike the Golden one this one has a much flatter finish and is much much darker. Wayyy too dark for me but it is handy as a contour and that is what I use it as at the minute.



Natural Radiance Blush in Flushed @ €1.70

What ELF Says:Exquisite, delicate, pigment  that makes cheeks radiant combined with a healthy-looking glow.  Infused with texturizing agents, skin feels smooth and pores are minimized.

What I Say:Pretty Pretty Pretty. Did I mention this is pretty. Its a real, as the name suggests, flushed pink. It goes on with just the right amount of coverage so that you don’t look like a painted doll but you have a rosy glow in your cheek like you have come in from the cold. I had gotten NYX pinky recently and this is pretty dang close it is slightly tamer but still gives a great ‘Flush’ :)



Studio Blush & Bronzer Compact @ €4.00

What ELF Says:Create a healthy and natural glow all year long. The Blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of color, while the Bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful definition. (Blush and Bronze both have a soft shimmer).

What I Say:How good is that deal, A blush the size of the single blushes which are normally €4.00 and a bronzer the same size… STEAL. And the quality is great. A lot of people compare these to NARS having never been lucky enough to have anything NARS I can’t confirm this but I think they are well pretty. They compliment each other beautifully and give a dewy rosy finish. the coverage is good too but you have to be careful with the bronzer as it can go on quite heavy so give your brush a good tap before applying as a contour. Other than that super deal.. super product.



Studio Blush in Gotta Glow @ €4.00

What ELF Says: The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish. Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth. Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow!

What I Say:Blush my Butt. This is a Highlighter disguised in a blushers compact. And it is a super pretty highlighter that I use every day. This gives just enough coverage withot anyone knowing its a highlighter. It is shimmery so if you don’t like shimmer steer clear. I use this on my cheeck bones and also as a shadow highlight on ocassions. A product I can see myself re-purchasing over again. I also want to get the blush in Candid Coral and something Mauve.. they r on my wishlist.



All over shimmering Facial Whip @ €1.70

What ELF Says: Multipurpose, on-the-go whipped colorant is vitamin B, C and E packed to instantly brighten and soothe skin with no greasy after-feel.

What I Say:Another ‘I’m not to sure what I am supposed to do with it’ product. It does leave a lovely shimmer on your skin after you use it but I just have to find the perfect use for it. Have tried it on my cheeckbones and brow bone and it looked pretty on both. I am just not good with cream type products :( I’ll figure it out I’m sure.

  
  
Studio Make Up Mist and Set @ €4.00

What ELF Says: Keep your makeup in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading.

Wht I Say: I think this actually works. I have used it a couple of times and my make up did seem to stay on longer. I have also used it with Barry M Dazzledusts to use them wet and they looked amazing and the staying power was really really good. You don’t get a lot of it but you probably don’t need a lot. I would purchase this again before I would get the Primer.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment